The Free North Church strongly believes in actively applying principles of safety and environmental stewardship to how we conduct our affairs. We have articulated these values within our programmes and initiatives. We are dedicated to preserving and improving the environment. Our environmental health and safety programme protects the environment, our congregants, employees and neighbours.
- We comply with all applicable regulations, standards and Health and Safety laws in a way that is protective of the health and safety of our visitors, congregants, volunteers, employees, the surrounding community and the greater environment
- We strive to lead in the improvement of environmental quality by reusing, recycling and reducing the use of natural resources.
- We promote pollution prevention efforts.
- We establish goals for continuous Health and Safety improvement.
- We integrate environmental, health and safety considerations into operational planning and decision making.
- Our employees and volunteers are properly trained to comply with applicable Health and Safety laws and regulations to meet European Union programme goals and to take personal responsibility for protecting the environment for themselves and each other.
- We provide a safe and supportive environment for congregants and visitors.